Mentors are positive people by definition. It takes a positive person to give their time to others in order to Inspire them to learn, grow and succeed. That’s what our mentors, who are experts in their field can offer you at Inspired Training.
10 Benefits of Having Good Mentors
1. Knowledge and contacts: An often unique benefit that can only be gained from a good mentor is a combination of detailed industry knowledge and professional contacts, which have often taken the mentor many years to establish, and which might not otherwise be readily available to you.
2. Business and life skills: As a student, you can also learn valuable business and life skills from your mentor, including best business practices, appropriate behaviours and protocols.
3. Insight: A good mentor can also arrange experiences, such as participation in meetings, events or work experience, which will enable you to get insight into an organisation’s culture and systems, or how a specific role is performed in that organisation.
4. Perspective and vision: Discussions with your mentor will stretch your thinking by providing you with another perspective to your own, as well as the benefit of your mentor’s vision, which comes from their wider experience.
5. Reduced feelings of isolation: Working with a mentor also often creates a sense of peer partnership that might not otherwise be available to you when you’re a student.
6. Wisdom and learning from past experiences: As a student, you can also benefit greatly from hearing the lessons that your mentor has learned along the way through their past experiences – both their successes and failures and they will lead you to your success.
7. Improved performance: A good mentor will provide you with valuable feedback or make suggestions that will enable you to improve your skills or to experience personal growth, ultimately leading to your improved performance.
8. Talent development: Where a mentor is an expert in a particular field, they’ll often be able to spot your unique talents and make suggestions about to how you can further develop and make the most of your talents and gifts.
9. A sounding board: Having a good mentor will also enable you to test your ideas and discuss your points of view with an interested listener in a safe and confidential environment.
10. Learn how to be a good mentor: The experience of working with a good mentor will also serve as a training ground to enable you to develop good mentoring behaviours and become a good mentor for others.
Ultimately, your Inspired Training trainer and mentor will be with you every step of the way.